Any interscholastic music event originating in the state of Iowa that is competitive or evaluative in nature must be sanctioned (have the written approval of) by the IHSMA. IHSMA member schools may not participate in evaluative or competitive music events that are not sanctioned.
- Covid-19 Pandemic: IHSMA takes no position with regard to the safety of the events sanctioned herein due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Sponsoring schools/organizations are directed to work with their local public health agencies to determine if they should proceed and if so, what mitigations to employ.
- Application for Sanction of Intrastate Music Event
- Copyright Verification Process for Sanctioned Events
- Sanctioned Intrastate Music Events
- Competitions and Cash Prizes – clarification.