IHSMA State Marching Band Festival
Penalty Deadline: September 15, 2022
Festival Date: October 8, 2022 (North); October 15, 2022 (South)
Information for the General Public
Looking for your schools performance location? Click here: 2022 Site Assignments
Admission Fee: Adult – $8.00; Senior (62+) – $6.00; Student – $3.00
Performance Schedules & Site Locations – Schedules will be released as soon as they have been created. This occurs between September 22 and September 30.
- Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Sheldon: Schedule – Directions
- Fort Dodge (Dodger Stadium): Schedule – Directions
- Dubuque Senior (Dalzell Field): Schedule – Directions
- Cedar Rapids (Kingston Stadium): Schedule – Directions
- Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Glenwood: Schedule – Directions
- Waukee: Schedule – Directions
- Pella: Schedule – Directions
- Muscatine: Schedule – Directions
In the case of dangerous hot weather, as indicated by a “heat index” reading of 90 degrees or higher (See IHSMA Heat Index Table), all marching bands will be required to perform in partial uniform. Partial uniforms shall consist of single layered, light fabric clothing with no head covering or jacket. This policy shall be required at the IHSMA State Marching Band Festival and recommended for implementation at all other invitational and local marching events.
Adjudicated events may decide to have an entire classification of bands adhere to this policy in the anticipation of heat-related issues for some of the bands within that class.
Band members and Directors should plan accordingly. Though it is not necessary, bands may choose to have an alternate uniform as their “partial uniform” (i.e matching shirts and shorts) as a backup alternate plan should the Weather Policy apply. If shorts are utilized they should be in modest taste.
Adjudicators shall not deduct any points for bands marching out of uniform or in partial uniform due to weather related concerns (heat index, windy conditions, precipitation, etc).”
IHSMA will provide a Digital Temperature/Humidity Pen for each IHSMA State Marching Band Festival Host Site’s use. IHSMA recommends the use of the General Digital Temperature/Humidity Pen – Model PTH8708.
- Registration Deadline: September 8, 2022
- Penalty Deadline: September 15, 2022
- Copyright Verification Process for Participating Schools
|Several of our documents can be downloaded in PDF format. To view PDF files, you
will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need the Acrobat reader software, click here…
|Instructions for Installing Adobe Acrobat Reader!|