Print these instructions before beginning to download the software.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Note: These instructions work for Netscape 3.0. If you have another
version of Netscape or a different Web browser, you may need further
assistance; consult your departmental computer support.
At the Adobe website
- Register with Adobe
- Choose Reader version for Macintosh.
- Click on Download
You may read Adobe’s:
- System Requirements
- Install Requirements
- Helpful Links
or, go directly to section labeled “Download Links”.
- Click on one of the .hdx download links from either the USA or Japan.
- Netscape will open the file with “Stuffit Expander” and then decode
and unstuff the file. This may take a few minutes.
- Three new icons will appear on your desktop.
- Close Netscape.
- Find the “Install Acrobat ™ Reader” icon on your desktop and double
- The “Installer” screen appears. Click Continue
- “License” screen appears. To continue set-up, click Accept
- “Install Adobe Acrobat(tm) Reader” appears. Click Install
- Select Continue from the message screen
- Installing screen appears and installs the program. (This will take a
- “Install was successful” appears. Click Restart
Associating the PDFViewer Plug-In
- Open the Adobe Acrobat folder and the Web Browser Plug-in folder.
Drag the PDFViewer icon into your Netscape Plug-ins folder.
- Open Netscape
- Goto Options
- Goto General Preferences
- Click on the “Helpers” tab
- Click New
- In the “Edit Type” Window, type a “description” (for example
“PDFViewer”). Fill in the MIME Type box with application/pdf. The “suffix” type is .pdf
- Click on Plug-in button
- Plug-in button now reads “PDFViewer”
- Click OK to close window.
- Click OK to close General Preferences window.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed Adobe Acrobat(tm)